Name: Bowdu 寶肚, the “Precious Tummy” (pronounced Bow-DOO, where Bow rhymes with now)
Nicknames: ‘Du, Doobs, Doob Narcotic [Sound System], Grumpy Old Man, Jerkface
DOB: 20 January 2005
Place of birth: Taiwan
Breed: Shiba Inu
In August 2010, Bowdu was diagnosed with low thyroid levels (and so we talk a lot about canine hypothyroidism).
This blog came into existence partly in my efforts to chronicle his health issues.
Five posts to explain Bowdu:
- 20100818: Hypothyroidism and thyroid testing
- 20101122: Off-leashing, Part 0
- 20110704: How Bowdu came to the US
- 20110718: The good, the bad, and the poopy
- 20120203: Dog park behavior: the referee
— on Dogster