I’ve been compiling a list of the best or most amusing mistaken names that people have called a Shiba Inu. Here’s what I’ve encountered so far.
- Sheena Easton
- Shiba Inundated (thanks to autocorrect?)
- SNOBS INU (keyword search term for this blog)
- Shishi Inu
- Shimmy Shimmy EE-boo
- Shabu Inu (this one is borderline offensive, as we totally disapprove of dog hot pots!)
- Samurai, Subaru, sushi dog (also known as “let’s blurt out the first Japanese thing we think of that starts with S!”)
- Inu Inuit
- “Those dogs with the fancy name.”
Edit: updated list as I hear more…
- Shi-BU-ki ( Was he thinking Schipperke + kabuki?)
Shiba peeps, I’m sure you’ve heard many more that you could add to the list, right?